— Jason Parrott, VP Healthcare & Wellbeing Strategy, Boeing
Learn how employers can manage their healthcare spend through diagnostics in this brief video. Click here to watch.
If you are an employer looking to manage spending on healthcare, your priorities may include:
• Optimizing pharmacy spending – particularly specialty drug spending
• Minimizing out of pocket employee costs
• Decreasing unnecessary hospitalizations
• Maximizing the value of your total cost of care spending
• Improving how your employees experience their healthcare benefits
Historically, employers have not recognized diagnostics as a solution to these issues. The ability of diagnostics to optimize healthcare spending has dramatically increased in recent years, and modern molecular diagnostics are able to perform valuable and cost saving functions across the care continuum:
Learn how and when to advocate for diagnostics to reduce overall healthcare costs and improve employee health outcomes.
Identifying and implementing the most effective diagnostic solutions to improve employers’ spending and outcome profiles is complex for employers. That’s where Alva10 comes in.
1. Analyze your pharmacy and medical benefit spending
2. Identify areas of high spend and poor outcome that can be optimized via existing diagnostics
3. Identify the best in class diagnostic solution for the area(s) of need
4. Engage with your carrier to ensure employee access to this diagnostic OR partner you directly with the diagnostic company to enable employee access
Financial incentives between employers and their vendors are not always aligned to deliver the lowest cost of care to employees. As employers become more savvy about managing their own healthcare spend, they are turning their attention to the companies and technologies that can provide them individualized guidance and targeted results.